- Information you provide to us
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of Data Protection legislation, the data controller is EntertainingTV Ltd (registered company number: 06616189), with registered office at 21a Craven Terrace, London, W2 3QH (“we”, “us”, and “our” and other similar terms).
- Information we may collect and request from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us or that we collect from you. You may give us personal information by corresponding, emailing, filling in forms, uploading content to our websites, by phone and face to face and in notes taken during interviews and filming activities. The information you give us may include your name, home address, personal e-mail address, home phone number, personal description, photograph, gender, job title, job description and area of responsibility.
- Technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address. This is used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit to our websites. This includes the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our websites (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our service number/s.
Using cookies helps us improve our websites and deliver a more personalised service, such as remembering your password so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit. The cookies we use also help us compile statistical reports on website activity which, in turn, improve our service.
Your continuing use of the websites means that you consent to EntertainingTV using cookies. If you would rather that we did not collect data in this way you can choose to accept or reject cookies in your browser’s privacy settings. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org
Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies may mean you are unable to access certain areas or features of our sites.
- Newsletter sign-ups
EntertainingTV offers the opportunity to sign up for a range of newsletters. Contact information entered when subscribing will be used to send you your selected newsletter.
The information provided will not be passed on to any third party. If you sign up for any of our newsletters and subsequently change your mind, you may opt out at any time or unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of all newsletters you receive from us.
- Purpose and legal basis for processing
- Information that you give us or that we collect from you
The data that you provide is essential for us to administrate our film production, marketing and distribution activities, services and processing. Use and retention of the data is lawful and relevant to the matter being dealt with by us.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may collect data about you from third parties for the performance of a contract you are party to (for example, a performance release form, location agreement or service agreement) or prior to you entering into a contract. The collection of data during these processes is lawful, relevant and limited to the matter/s being dealt with by us.
- How will we use your personal data?
The information you supply, or that we collect, about you may be used by us for:
- Contacting you in relation to activities including but not limited to film production, post production, marketing and distribution and keeping you informed during these activities;
- Informing employers or other commissioning or third parties subject to prior approval and consent;
- Scheduling meetings with you;
- Administration and accountancy by us;
- Keeping you informed of developments and services we offer that we believe may be relevant to you;
- Sharing news with you concerning relevant activities we are organising;
- Who else will have access to your data?
We may share your personal information with third parties such as:
- business partners involved in delivering services to you;
- parties involved in preparations for film production, post production, marketing and distribution;
- professional service companies that provide legal and accounting advice and audit of our products and services;
- disclosures required by law or regulation.
Our websites may contain links to third-party websites. You should review the privacy and confidentiality policy of any third party website that you may visit in order to understand how third parties may collect, store and use your personal information.
- Transfer of data overseas?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or third party service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of sales and marketing and distribution of filmed entertainment containing your data.
- Data retention period
The data that we collect from you will be processed for the purpose for which it was collected and it will be retained during the processing period in order to provide the services.
In addition, we will archive data for a period of 10 years after closure of the processing of the data to prevent destruction of critical information that you may want to access in the future.
You can exercise your rights contained in section 8 at any time concerning your data.
- Your rights
You have certain rights with regard to your personal data processed by us and these are described in this section.
- The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulation.
- You can access your personal data that we hold on our database about you by making a Subject Access Request to our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are in section 10. If you believe the data we hold about you is incorrect, you have a right to have this corrected.
- With exceptions, you have the right to request the deletion of personal data we hold about you.
- You have a right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data for the period it takes us to rectify any inaccurate data about you. This right can also be used to prevent us from deleting your data at the end of the retention period in the unlikely event that you need it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Our websites work on an ‘opt-in’ basis whereby we do not send you any promotional/marketing information from our partners or from us unless you ‘opt-in’ when entering your contact details.
If you are receiving communications from us that you do not want, you can opt out at any time:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know
- EntertainingTV uses MailChimp to deliver our newsletters to you. Although MailChimp is an American organisation, it has EU/US Privacy Shield Certification, which provides appropriate safeguards to individuals’ personal data.
- Our websites contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- Although we do our best to protect your personal data, given the nature of the transmission of information via the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission to or from our websites. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
- Data Protection Officer
- Complaints process
If you have any complaints about how we handle your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer whose details are in section 10 above and we will respond to you in 2 working days.
If, after we have given you our final response, you continue to be dissatisfied, you have a right to lodge a complaint with: –
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745
The ICO currently recommends that you contact them within 3 months of your last contact with us.